Kru Alex Ricci , Head Coach at M1 Thai Boxing, on the outside he’s a lean mean fighting machine, but on the inside, he is a gentle soul with a passion to teach. Alex has over 20 years of experience and has a strong desire to make a difference in his student’s lives.
“I learn a lot through competition. It really tests me. It helps me grow as a person. And I like to share my experiences and pass on my knowledge to other people”
Our Results in Numbers
Finding balance and physical strength within men, women and children.
Alex stumbled upon the combat sport of Muay Thai in a library when he was a teenager. After a visit to Thailand, the motherland of the sport, he began training and competing in fights before opening up a gym in 2006 with Dennis Carelli, that focuses on finding balance and physical strength within men, women and children. Teaching the next generation everything he has learned in this sport in the last 20 years.
Places in the world and dojos he has trained and traveled to expand is knowledge:
- Kiat Busaba Muay Thai Boxing Camp (Chiang Mai) Thailand
- Brazilian Top Team (Brazil)
- Team Nogueira (Brazil)
- American Top Team (Florida)
- Blackzillian’s (Florida)
- Gracie Tampa (Florida)
- Tristar (Montreal)
- Floyd Mayweather Boxing Gym (Vegas)
- UFC Headquarters (Vegas)
- CSA Gym (Dublin, CA)
- Bang Muay Thai | Ludwig Martial Arts
- Canadian Welterweight Muay Thai Champion (1998)
- Canadian Middleweight Muay Thai Champion (2006)
- UFC 2016-2017
October 2001 – September 2004:
- Spent 3 years training at Lanna Muay Thai Boxing Camp, in Chiang Mai Thailand, with a record of 45-13-2.
- Had the privilege of fighting in Thailand’s famous Rajademnerm Stadium.
- Over 50 Muay Thai professional fights, including Canadian Qualifying Tournament for Contender Asia Series
December 10, 2010 – Present:
- Fought for a number of different promotions, such as Score Fighting Series, Bellator, CFFC, Triumph FC1 and UFC.
“I learn a lot through competition. It really tests me. It helps me grow as a person. And I like to share my experiences and pass on my knowledge to other people.”
Canadian Amateur Welterweight Muay Thai Champion
Spent 3 years training in Thailand, with a record of 33-13-3. Had the privilege of fighting in Thailand’s famous Rajademnerm Stadium and at the The Kings Cup.
Ontario Middleweight Muay Thai Champion
Faught and won at the Canadian Qualifying Tournament for Contender Asia Series.
Faught for numerous organizations such as the Score Fighting Series, Bellator, CFFC and UFC.
|Loss/KO/TKO||Paul Felder||UFC fight Night 105||2017.02.19|
|Loss/Decision/Unanimous||Jeremy Kennedy||UFC Fox 21||2016.08.27|
|Win/Decision/Unanimous||Kieran Joblin||Triumph FC’l||2016.04.22|
|Win/Decision/Unanimous||Kyle Prepolec||GWFC 2||2015.05.30|
|Loss/Decision/Unanimous||Darrell Horcher||CFFC 40||2014.08.23|
People About Us
I thank God everyday for M1 Thai Boxing, and the family we have become part of. My daughter started training at M1 in December 2017 and instantly became addicted. What M1, Alex Ricci and all the trainers at M1 have done for my daughter is beyond words. thai boxing review
BEST PLACE TO TRAIN! Seriously, ask me about joining M1 and I’ll say it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. thai boxing review